Web design is undoubtedly the most crucial aspect of a website. It plays an important role in traffic generation and search engine ranking results. A designer has to give his best to come up with an attractive and effective custom web design. Discussed below are the top web design tools in trend.
1. Firebug: This is an open source in-browser web development tool for the Firefox web browser. This tool comes handy in custom web development as it is used for debugging, testing, and analyzing web pages. It helps you understand and dissect what is going on. One of its notable features is the Net (network”) tab where you can inspect HTML, CSS, XHR, JS components. In fact, this is one of those few extensions that have their own extensions.
2. Photoshop: Adobe Photoshop is one of the most popular commercial graphics editor available for the Mac and Windows operating system. It was basically created for professional photographers and designers, and therefore is an ideal application for manipulating images and creating web graphics. It has all the necessary tools and options one may need such as: Filters – which automatically adds effects to your image or a selected section of your image, extensibility and automation with Brushes, Actions and Scripting, and work flow enhancement features like Layer Comps and the Revert option.
3. Panic coda: This tool is used for web development services. It is a shareware web application for the Mac OS X operating system. It aims to reduce the amount of applications (such as an FTP client, CSS editor, a version control system, etc.) you need to develop websites. It also improves your team’s work flow. Coda’s one-window web development philosophy uses a tabbed interface for text editing, file transfers, SVN, CSS, and even “Books” which embeds web books that are search-able.
4. Dreamweaver: This is a commercial Adobe application for custom web development services. It is available for the Mac and Windows operating systems. Its featured-packed suite of tools and options include: syntax highlighting and very smart Code Hinting, a built-in FTP client, project management and workflow options that make team work effortless. The Live View feature shows you a preview of your source code.
5. Fireworks: This is a commercial raster and vector graphics editor hybrid from Adobe. It is available for the Mac and Windows operating systems. It is designed specifically for web designers (unlike Photoshop), and provides a plethora of tools and options that make full web layout prototyping very simple.
6. Fiddler 2: This is is a browser-based HTTP debugging tool that helps you analyze incoming and outgoing traffic. It is highly customizable and has a number of reporting and debugging features.
7. IBM Page Detailer: This is a simple tool that lets you visualize web components as they are being downloaded. It latches onto your browser, so all you have to do is navigate to the desired site with the IBM Page Detailer open.
8. Httperf: This is an open-source tool for measuring HTTP server performance running on Linux. It is an effective tool for creating workload simulations to see if you can handle high-level traffic and still maintain stability. It can also be used to figure out the maximum capacity of your server.
9. Pylot: This is is an open-source performance and scalability testing tool. It uses HTTP load tests to let you plan, benchmark, analyze and tweak performance.
10. Wbox HTTP testing tool: This is a free HTTP testing software that is simple to use. It supports Linux, Windows, and MacOS X systems. It makes sequential requests at desired intervals for stress-testing. It has an HTTP compression command that allows you to analyze data about your server’s file compression.